- Probably the most widely covered news story in 2006, Paul McCartney's split from Heather McCartney came as no surprise to many. An unsupportive step daughter and media pressure to boot, their divorce has rarely been far from the headlines.
- Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin's most disturbing public split, not least of all for their daughter, has sparked much contraversy as Kim denies leaking a tape to the media in which Alec calls his daughter a 'pig' - charming!
- Jennifer Aniston's split from Brad Pitt is rumoured to have been because Brad wanted to start a family whilst Jennifer wanted to concentrate on her career. Brad has since fathered a child to Angelina Jolie.
- Brian and Kerry McFadden announced that their marriage was over in September 2004. We had a feeling that was on the cards following Kerry's success in 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here'... the body language said it all! Both are now determined to remain friends for the sake of their children.
- Billie Piper and Chris Evans recently divorced, rumoured to be because of Billie's ambitions for her career whilst Chris is struggling to revive his. They are said to still be close friends.
- The most famous break-up in Hollywood? Nicole Kidman is a real role model for many divorced women. Dumped by her husband for younger actress Penelope Cruze, from whom he has also split, Nicole's career really took off when she found herself alone as a single parent and needing to boost her career. Her roles since have include the Moulin Rouge and The Hours for which she won an Oscar for Best Actress, a Bafta and a Golden Globe Award.
- Even the Royal Family have had their fair share of problems with the divorce of Charles and Diana starting a series of break-ups including Andrew and Sarah. They are said to be good friends and share the parenting of their daughters - the way it should be!
Have your say on celebrity break-ups in our forums. Do famous couples have it harder, are the pressures on a relationship too much - tell us what you think.